Sunday, August 22, 2010
Title: Underneath the Stars
Author: Lae Bevin
Rating: T
Parts: One-shot
Pairing: Lae - Sirius, Gyn - Remus
Summary: Thoughts of a man on the verge of losing his soul. Songfic.
Disclaimer: Standard disclaimer applies. Underneath the Stars is by Mariah Carey.
Notes: Found on Lae Bevin's Fanfiction.net account. Lyrics in bold-faced font.

~ ♥ ~

One summer night,
We ran away for a while

Summer before the seventh year, I invited Lae to visit so I could introduce her to my parents. I fetched her from The Breeze. I met her father there. He was still well that time. We drove to The Midnight. And my mother loved her. Father was worried. He never said anything.

Laughing, we hurried beneath the sky
To an obscure place top hide

Remus came to visit Gin that summer as well. So, naturally, Lae and I had our share of hiding. I never quite thought I'd find The Midnight too small for Gin and I. But it was… for everywhere Lae and I went, Remus and Gin were always there. Doing the things Lae and I went to those places for.

So, alas, we found the perfect place. On the bridge. At the very heart of it. I found out how well I can make alterations to a lot of spells and charms Hogwarts taught us. Lucky, I am smart and Lae listens to Flitwick.

That no one could find

We never bumped into Remus and Gin after we found our spot. Yes, nobody saw us. Not even the house elves.

And we drifted to another state of mind
And imagined I was yours and you were mine

I would never forget that place. Our feet dangled over the lake as we chatted and let time fly by. I never imagined that an unphysical relationship can surpass whatever orgasmic means. We barely fooled around on those nights at the bridge. We sat there and really learned more about each other.

Maybe it was the lake. Or perhaps the stars that hovered over us. I don't really know. Perhaps it was her magic… that drifted me to her. It didn't quite feel like I was at The Midnight. Perhaps she did bring me to another place. Or maybe it was a dream that I imagined that she brought me to The Breeze… sitting on the cliff over the sea.

That was where I first saw her. I mean really see her. Gin made me accompany her to take a painting from Lae's father. We flew to that cliff and Lae was standing there… in her Irish dress with her curls dancing with the gentle sea breeze. It was the summer before the fifth year.

As we lay upon the grass there in the dark
Underneath the stars

Summer of '78… that season was indeed memorable. Father let me be… he laid off. And he let me and Lae be in love.

Young love
Underneath the stars

Only nature witnessed how our love was conceived, how love was born, and how love had grown…

Weak in the knees…
Wrapped in the warm gentle breeze

And then school started. And I found out about her. That was when I faltered. I was frightened… scared… to be hurt… to be alone. But she cuddled me… and kept me together. She brought me misery but healed it off with love. Her love. Her undying love.

So shy…
A bundle of butterflies

I remember… on the night of my birthday. She prepared something for me. Since it wasn't a weekend, we could not go to Hogsmeade (and she wouldn't allow herself to use those secret passages on the map). She put together a scavenger hunt – Marauder's hunt if you must. She let the whole school in it. Even Dumbledore thought it was a great idea. Of course the Slytherins tried to mess it up. But even they didn't want to mess with Lae. (I think Snape or Malfoy had an idea she could kill them without using Avada – that's why they backed off.)

It ended in the locker room, where butterflies were fluttering everywhere and there was a picnic set up in the middle. It was exactly like out spot at the bridge. She recreated the summer for us. I still don't know how she did it. But she did. And that was my best birthday. The last birthday I celebrated before the war broke.

Flushed with a heat of desire
And a natural high
As we drifted to another place and time
And the feeling was so heady and sublime

And we made love. No… not just pointless sex to satisfy an urge. Love… we concretised love… like the way we did the first time she allowed me to take her…. allowed someone to take her.

That goes back to summer '78. In my room… candles everywhere… roses and wildflowers everywhere. She was perfect. Is perfect. She looked so beautiful. and I never thought I was worthy of her love. But she chose me. And she loved me. Loves me.

As I lost my heart to you there in the dark
Underneath the stars
Young love

No… not even this could erase her memory. She has my heart… young love is everlasting love for Sirius Black.

Beautiful and Bittersweetly
You were fading into me…

She grew in me. and I could not stop the time nor freeze the moments.

And I was fading into you.

Even if I knew I would lose her, I unconsciously but willingly allowed myself to further grow in love with her.

But the time went sailing by.

Knowing how so little time I had left… risking everything as I allowed it to happen… I did not stop. I continued to love her. Continue to love her.

Reluctantly we said goodbye…

She left… with a painful goodbye.

To that I could not say anything more.

And left our secret place so far behind

Three years later, and this is what I have become. Not only was I kidnapped from my Midnight. I was stolen from my world. And placed in this hell hole.

Only nature knows where she was taken. Nothing or no one else to rely on that one.

I brought death to Lily and James… I've betrayed Remus when I denied him of the truth. And to Harry… only God knows how my poor godson will grow up with those Muggles.

And I lay in bed all night…
And I was drifting…
Drifting…
Drifting…
Drifting…

This is what I must endure in this freezing cell… all my life… without no one.

I am drifting to nothingness… oblivion… death.

And I was yours

She owned me. Still does. My heart… soul… my entire being. She chose to love me when everyone just wanted a piece of me. She wanted all of me… even the screwed up me. She wanted every little bit of me. And I was hers. I am hers.

And you were my own…
My own baby

She was more than my girlfriend/lover. She was my life. Is my life. Not even these damned dementors can get to that depth of my soul. She stays untouchable in me.

As we lay…
As we…

But we were torn away from the world that taught us how to love. We were deprived of a happy life together. Our lives were stolen from us. And we are forced to live on different sides. I… only existing. Behind these cold walls. She… oh hell, I wish I knew at least where she drifted to…

Lay underneath the stars…

Same night sky… same moon… same stars. Still underneath the same stars. At least I hope we are.

~ ♥ ~

Comments? Suggestions? Violent reactions? Constructive criticisms are welcome.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

posted at 2:04 AM |

0 Comments: